Providing students with opportunities for sharing alumni’s professional expertise and personal experience with students.
Alumni Mentor Program
The Alumni Mentor Program is all about the power of partnership. It brings together successful SBU graduates— like you— with new students in need of extra support and motivation. Through the program, you have the opportunity to share the knowledge and experience gained from your SBU journey to positively impact a student who has just started theirs.
Eligibility Requirements for Mentors
SBU Mentors must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an SBU graduate
- Must own an acupuncture clinic
- Must be a licensed acupuncturist
- Must have a professional and ethical reputation.
How to Register as a Mentor
Benefits to a Mentor
The following benefits will be provided to an appointed SBU mentor.
- You will receive a customized SBU Mentorship Certificate.- Free
- You will receive four sets of Acupuncture Points Poster (24” X 36”). – Free
- Your clinic will be listed in the directory website for free marketing.
- You will receive technical and design assistance for your clinic website.
- You will receive SBU’s admission information package and promotional items.
- You will receive an assistance fee if you are assigned to students (a maximum of three students, per year)
- You will be invited to important school events as an honored graduate.
Responsibilities of being a mentor
SBU Alumni mentors are responsible for:
- Sharing professional and personal experience and expertise with assigned students.
- Introducing SBU to prospective students
- Writing a recommendation letter for prospective students.
- Motivating assigned students to complete the program successfully.
- Maintaining a good relationship with assigned students
Benefits to a Student
As an SBU student, you have exclusive access to a robust network of alumni who are eager and willing to meet you and share their wisdom and advice about life beyond SBU.
The SBU Alumni Mentor Program is a unique opportunity for you to form meaningful and lasting relationships with alumni that will extend beyond the campus walls. As a program participant, you will have a chance to request a mentor to assist you with academic guidance, career advice, and personal development.