Applications are now being accepted. Apply now! 714-533-1495 or 213-738-0712

Financial Aid

Veteran’s Benefits

The University’s programs are approved for the training of veterans and eligible individuals under U.S. Code Title 38.

Any honorably discharged veteran of the US Armed Forces is eligible to receive educational benefits by submitting an application from the Veteran’s Representative (Financial Aid Officer) located in the Financial Aid Office. Rules and regulations associated with this type of educational benefit are also available for students’ review.

Applications for veteran’s benefits are available at the Financial Aid Office.

For additional information, please contact the VA office at toll-free number (888)442-4551 or visit the VA website: www.va.gov

How to Apply for Benefits

Veteran Affairs (VA) students must file an application for Certificate of Eligibility (COE).  Students who haven’t received VA benefits before must file an original application (veterans VAF 22-1990; dependants VAF 22-5490).  Students who have received VA benefits before must file a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (veterans VAF 22-1995; dependents VAF 22-5495).

How to Submit Your Application

1.  You can use the VONAPP Veterans Online Applications to fill out and submit your application at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp.

2.  You can submit a paper application called Form 22-1990 by mail to the VA Regional Processing Office.  You can mail the form to the region of your home address.  It will make it easier for the VA to determine what benefits you qualify for if you send a copy of the following documents:

a.  Your certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD form 214) for all periods of active duty service.

b.  DD Form 2384, also known as the Notice of Basic Eligibility, if applying for the Montgomery GI Bill for Selected Reserves (chapter 1606).

c.  Copies of orders if activated from the guard/reserves.

d.  Supporting documents (e.g. vouchers, statements) for buy-up or buy-in contributions, which may allow you to make a small initial payment so that you can receive a higher monthly payment.

e.  College fund “kicker” contracts for additional monthly payments that you may receive from the Department of Defense through your branch of the Service.

If you have trouble with the application process, you can call a VA Education Case Manager (888-GIBILL).


Once you have finished and sent in your application, the Regional Processing Office will process the application and determine your eligibility.

Certificate of Eligibility:

Eligible students will be mailed a Certificate of Eligibility letter that describes their eligibility.  If you have received COE, you can enroll in classes at the school at any time.  A student must submit a copy of the COE to the Financial Aid Office.

What is the Tuition Policy for the Veterans and Military Service members?

The tuition policy for the Veterans and Military Service members is that once a student has enrolled at the school, the financial aid officer will submit a Certificate of Enrollment to the processing office at the Department of Veterans Affair for tuition and fees which will be paid directly to the school.

Other benefits that students receive, like monthly housing allowance, books, and supplies stipend or rural benefit payment, will be paid directly to you through direct deposit into your bank account.

Translate »